Street Sweeping Costs Per Hour Worksheet
The following worksheet is an excellent aid for computing the cost of purchasing new sweepers. If you have any suggestions for additions or other changes, please let us know.
Also available are similar checklists that are designed to assist you in computing cost per curb mile or cost per hour for street sweeping.
Costs Associated With Municipal Purchase of New Sweeping Equipment
1. Final price of new sweeper(s) and related purchasing expenses.
2. Yearly costs of parts for routine maintenance and normal wear items on sweeper and chassis, including servicing, tires, brush replacement, etc.
3. Costs of labor for all maintenance listed in #2.
4. Annual fuel costs for sweeping municipality.
5. Payroll for yearly sweeping, including: hourly rate, health insurance, overtime, contributions to social security tax, unemployment tax, retirement funds, vacation and sick pay, etc.
6. Workmen's compensation claims.
7. Training of new sweeper operators.
8. Liability insurance and other insurance premiums related to the municipal sweeping operations.
9. Supervision and setup of sweeping programs.
10. Depreciation on new sweepers.
11. Cost of square footage of building allocated to sweeping operation management.
© 2005 - 2021 World Sweeper